Founded in 1999, The Learning Curve is a charity which aims to change the lives of socially and economically disadvantaged people by delivering learning and guidance both directly and via partner organisations. As a result of this work, people are better able to support themselves and lead fulfilled lives.
In late 2017, Eat That Frog were approached to become our trustees. Putting TLC and Eat That Frog together to form the Eat That Frog Group makes perfect sense because of the synergy between the two organisations in terms of aims, ethos and community values. Becoming part of a larger group means that TLC and Eat That Frog are able to share good practice and offer more opportunities to people across the South West.
TLC now operates in Wiltshire and Dorset, with a main office/ training centre in Melksham and a network of community-based learning delivery. Our training room is also available to hire (click here for more info).
TLC also offers the Team Programme on behalf of The Prince’s Trust in the Trowbridge and Salisbury areas.
Our key beneficiary groups include:
- Young People 16-24 including young parents and parents to be and young people not taking up other education, employment or training opportunities (NEETs)
- Unemployed adults, including returners to work and those who have never worked
- Older people
We can provide you with information about:
- Training courses
- Workforce and other forms of learning and development
- Career progression and pathways
- Qualifications and accreditation
- Sources of further help and support
We recognise the crucial role played by our employees and volunteers and are proud to have achieved the Investors in People Silver accreditation, showing how our people, strategies and processes underpin our organisation’s success.
Partnership working: We support other charities with similar aims to achieve their goals by providing advice, training and support. We choose to focus on helping charities who share our vision and values so that we create a “multiplier effect”. Click here to find out more about our Partners.
Our main funders include: Education & Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund.
We are also grateful to all of the individuals and organisations who support our work, including:
- Donations from Melksham Rotary Club, Chippenham Rotary Club, ASDA, Barclays, Reed Education Trust, St Thomas & St Edmund Charities and individual donors
- Organisations who provide valuable work placements, materials and hands-on support for learners on our Trowbridge and Salisbury Prince’s Trust programmes
- The Giving Machine where retailers donate for free when they shop online.